Saturday, 29 May 2010

Skitz has a friend.

The last day or so I have scheduled my time to do a few concept designs of skitz's friend while I worked on Kei. I shall start the modeling for this character soon, but I wanted to show some intital designs before I move ahead with the modeling.

First sketches

Yes I decided to design Skitz's friend and yay he is a fish. The larger design is the first sketch that I did on the right. The fish is based on the kumonryu fish originated in China then relocated in Japan and evolved from there. Though based on this type of fish I didn't what any exact pattern designs of the kumonryu fish or any prominent features to effect the creativity of my design I just wanted the kumonryu fish basic shape for my design.

I followed on to do some different colour studies of this fish. I wanted to see what other colour options I have. Although I have made up my mind that this fish is going to be pink and blue striped. The belly of this fish is going to be a light grey with specular colour of pink and blue shade.
Left are second and third idea designs for this character. At this stage I'm getting the feel of the character and his personality. 


I decide to create some more colour designs only out of interest from the second fish design.

Naturally I experiment with earlier character designs however I still unsatisfied with the designs of this character so far.

On the right is the closest to the character I want for Skitz's friend.  

When I next blog about this character I shall have more concept work in different positions which shall give the a feel of this character personality. Also perhaps some early stages of model work too.

I still don't have a name for the character so I may start a pole for the best name for him.  Once I blog his profile this should give you some ideas what his name should be.

Thank you for your taking the time to read my blog.


Vx

1 comment:

  1. Looks very neat. And I love the idea of making a fish the friend :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...